Other Relative Visa
WHAT IT LETS YOU DO
Some relatives may be eligible to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.
Depending on your circumstances, there are two options for who can be sponsored.
- You can sponsor the following close relatives only if they are orphaned, under 18, and do not have a spouse or common law partner:
- brothers or sisters,
- nephews or nieces, or
2. You can sponsor one relative of any age if:
- you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
- son or daughter,
- brother or sister, or
- uncle, aunt, nephew or niece.
- you do not have a spouse, common law partner, conjugal partner, or any of the above-named relatives who is a:
- Canadian citizen,
- permanent resident, or
- registered Indian under the Indian Act.
Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.