Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)
WHAT IT LETS YOU DO
The Prospective Marriage visa is for people who want to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse.
It is a temporary visa for nine months. You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted. You can have the wedding in any country: the wedding does not need to be in Australia.
- intend to marry and live as husband or wife with your prospective spouse
- be sponsored by your prospective spouse
- know your prospective spouse and have met in person
- be the opposite sex to your prospective spouse (same-sex couples can apply for a Partner visa based on their de facto relationship)
- meet age, health and character requirements
Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.