A Child visa (subclass 101) lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.
An eligible parent is:
- an Australian citizen
- the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
- an eligible New Zealand citizen.
The visa application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.
To get this visa, the child must be:
- sponsored by their parent or their parent's partner
- younger than 18 years of age, or:
- a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
The child can include their own dependent children in this application.
Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.