A Carer visa is a permanent visa for people who want to live in Australia to provide substantial and continuing care or assistance for a relative who either:
- has a long-term medical condition that means they cannot look after themselves in practical aspects of daily life, or
- needs permanent or long-term practical support to help them care for a member of their family in their household with such a medical condition.
The Carer visa is a permanent visa. You must make your application outside Australia. You, and all family members included as applicants, must be outside Australia when it is granted.
You might be eligible for this visa if:
- you need to move to Australia to:
- care for a relative in Australia with a long-term medical condition, or
- assist a relative in providing this care to a member of their family unit living in their household.
- you are willing and able to provide substantial and continuing assistance
- you should fully understand what kind of care or assistance your relative needs
- you and your family members meet health and character requirements
Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.