Australia is a wealthy country with a population of over 21 million people that sits on the world's smallest continent. Today, Australia is currently one of the best places to migrate to for a variety of good reasons as listed below.
1. Aggressive Migration Program: Australia's migration policies welcome migrants. As a nation founded on immigration, Australia's population growth is accounted for mainly by an aggressive and ambitious immigration program introduced shortly after WW I and this program continues to be in operation today.
2. Beautiful Climate and Geography: Australia is a beautiful land and although temperatures in the country can get high, it usually occurs in the interiors of the country. Australia benefits from the maritime influence and has a beautiful countryside.
3. Shortage of Skilled Labour: Australia is in need of skilled labour. The rapid economic growth has resulted in a requirement for qualified workers. The country is addressing this labour supply problem through its immigration policies which invite qualified people to live and work in Australia.
4. Vast economic opportunities: Australia's robust economy ensures vast opportunities for human development and a better quality of life. In fact, Australia has always ranked within the top ten of the United Nation's Human Development Index.
5. Affordable housing costs: While some of the biggest economies in the world struggle with escalating rental and housing costs, housing remains affordable in Australia. In the early 2000, the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI) had undergone a major research project to evaluate housing affordability for lower-income Australians. Thus far, Australia has kept the rise in housing costs in check, maintaining housing costs at affordable levels for Australians.
6. Excellent education system: Australian education is western-style and is one of the best in the world at 8th in the worldwide rankings. Australia's education system is run by both public and private sectors and education is compulsory between the ages of 6 and 15. Also, the government-run primary and secondary schools are free.
7. Full coverage under the public healthcare system: Australia's public healthcare system is at par with the world's best. Australian Medicare covers all Australians and pays for hospitalization and medical services in public hospitals.
8. No language barrier: English is spoken by virtually all Australians. It is the official language and is spoken at home by at least three quarters of the population. Those who do not speak English at home are usually bilingual.
9. Plenty of entertainment and recreation options: Whatever you enjoy, Australia has it. Sports fans and arts enthusiasts can find excellent sports facilities, art galleries, events and more in various places throughout Australia.
10. Laid back lifestyle: Australia fosters a great community spirit where a class boundary that is almost palpable in some societies is absent. The people in Australia lead fairly relaxed lifestyles and there is a general sense that everyone is contributing to the greater good of the society.
Take a 30 Second simple assessment to know if you qualify.